ovarian cysts market Overview
Globally the ovarian cysts market is expected to grow at the rate of about 8.2% from 2016 to 2022. Ovarian cysts are closed, sac-like structures filled with a liquid or semisolid substance within the ovary. These cysts are usually reported in the ovulating females and generally do not cause any medical complication. However, menopausal development of the ovarian cysts is also possible. In such conditions, the risks of ovarian cancer increases.
Ovarian cysts is a condition with high risks for ovarian cancer. Most of these cysts are discovered during a routine pelvic exam. As per a study published by the Journal of Clinical Research in Paediatric Endocrinology in 2017, the frequency of ovarian cysts is about 1.8% in children aged between 5-9 years and 18.8% in those who aged between 10-18 years. Furthermore, it is estimated that with the onset starts from adolescence and as the age increases the frequency of ovarian cysts increases with a ranges between 3.8 %- 31.3%. Such trends in the prevalence of the ovarian cysts are one of the major factors driving the Ovarian Cysts Market Growth. Moreover, rising healthcare expenditures and increasing awareness about woman health boost the market growth. However, lack of awareness and low per capita healthcare expenditure in the developing countries may restrain the market growth.
ovarian cysts market Segmentation
- The global ovarian cysts market is segmented on the basis of type, diagnosis, treatment, and end users.
- On the basis of the type, the ovarian cysts market is segmented into functional cysts, non-functional cysts, and others. The functional cysts segment by type is sub-segmented into the follicular cyst, corpus luteum cyst, and others. The non-functional cysts segment by type is sub-segmented into dermoid cysts, cystadenomas, endometriomas, and others.
- On the basis of the diagnosis, the ovarian cysts market is segmented into imaging, CA-125 blood test, laparoscopy, and others. The imaging segment is sub-segmented into CT scan, MRI, ultrasound, and others.
- On the basis of the treatment, the ovarian cysts market is segmented into medication, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) drugs, pain relievers, surgery, and others. The pain relievers are sub-segmented into acetaminophen, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, opioids, and others.
- On the basis of the end users, the ovarian cysts market is segmented into hospitals clinics, medical institutes, research organization, and others.
ovarian cysts market Regional Analysis
Global Ovarian cysts market, on the basis of regions is divided into Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa.
The Americas holds the largest share of the global ovarian cysts market. Increasing prevalence of the disease, rising per capita healthcare expenditure and increasing awareness for the woman health are some of the major drivers of the market growth within the region. In 2015, according to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, in the U.S. the total healthcare expenditure accounted for 17.8% of the total gross domestic product (GDP), which accounted for USD 3.2 trillion. Moreover, developed healthcare sector and availability of huge funds research and development boosts the market growth. However, late diagnosis, and lack of awareness may restrain the market growth during the forecast period. North America dominates the Americas ovarian cysts market due the presence of market players such as Quest Diagnostics Incorporated and Medtronic along with the developed economies like the U.S. and Canada within the region. However, South America shows the fastest growth in the market due to the presence of huge opportunities for the development of the market.
Europe is the second largest ovarian cysts market, which is followed by Asia Pacific. Availability of funds for research, huge patient population, increasing healthcare expenditures, well-developed healthcare sector and government support for research development are projected to drive the market growth during the forecasted period. Regionally, Europe is divided into Western Europe and Eastern Europe. Western Europe holds the major share of the regional market, which is majorly contributed by Germany, the U.K., and France. However, Eastern Europe is the fastest growing region due to the huge opportunities in the untapped market.
Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region in the global the market due to the presence of a huge patient population, continuously developing economies like India and China, and presence of huge opportunity in the market. Moreover, favorable government policies and increasing healthcare expenditures fuel the market growth within the region.
On the other hand, the Middle East Africa holds the least share of the global ovarian cysts market due to the presence of poor economy, especially, in the African region. Majority of the market of this region is held by the Middle East due to the well-developed healthcare sector and huge healthcare expenditure by the presence of economies like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, and Qatar.
ovarian cysts market Players
- Pfizer Inc. (U.S.),
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (The Middle East Africa),
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated. (U.S.),
- Novartis AG (Europe),
- General Electric Company (Europe),
- Merck Co., Inc. (U.S.),
- Boston Scientific Corporation (U.S.),
- Medtronic (U.S)
Browse Detailed TOC with COVID-19 Impact Analysis at: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/ovarian-cysts-market-1784
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Consulting Services. MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients.
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street, 5Th Floor,
New York, New York 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071